We’ve all heard the usuals…turn off the lights when leaving a room, change your lightbulbs to CFLs, etc. I’m encouraging you to try some of these things this Earth Day, which is Friday, if you’ve forgotten.
- Switch to green household cleaners. Not only is it better for the environment, it’s better for your health, too.
- Use cloth napkins instead of paper ones. You’ll feel like you’re having a fancy meal every night of the week! Plus, you’ll save on all of that paper going to the landfill.
- Instead of throwing things out, see where you can donate, reuse or recycle them. Check with your local waste management company’s website to learn more.
- Dispose of hazardous waste products properly, like batteries. Our local Batteries Plus takes our dead non-rechargeables and disposes them for us for free. We just collect them and bring in a batch once in awhile.
- Request online bank and billing statements. It’s amazing how much paper mail we all get. When my husband and I switched to online bank and billing statements as they became available, we’re saving a lot of time filing, organizing and then shredding all that paper.
Happy Earth Day!