I have a few friends expecting babies later this year, so I decided to write down some of the tips I’ve given them along the way. It’s not all-inclusive, but what would you add?
- Take prenatal vitamins
- Find clothes – try consignment or Belly Band
- Find OB
- Learn foods to avoid while pregnant – soft cheese, deli meat, etc.
- Download pregnancy app, like BabyCenter
- Get morning sickness relief – Altoids, hard candies, etc.
Compile list of questions for your first visit
- Find a new bra – softer, bigger size
- Review company leave policy
- Think about childcare. In centers, you’ll want to notify them right away when you’re pregnant to get on the waiting list.
- You’ll be TIRED!
- You will feel your best this trimester. Make it count!
- Research and interview pediatricians. Ask friends and neighbors. You’ll need to give this information to the hospital before giving birth, as you’ll have a baby check-up just a few days after the baby arrives.
- Start thinking about baby names
- Start sleeping on your left side
- Share news with family, friends and boss
- Take baby bump photos
- Plan baby room and gear
- Try prenatal yoga
- Decide if you’ll find out the gender
- Start baby registry
- Book childbirth class
- Use saline spray/humidifier for congestion. You might start snoring!
- Tackle pending home projects – get as organized as possible!
- Research nursing bras – I liked Bravado!
- Do any last-minute travel.
- Cook and freeze meals
- Baby proof home
- Shop for announcements, get stamps, etc.
- Pack hospital bags
- Buy car seat, stroller, etc. you didn’t get at your shower
- Prep baby kit – Tylenol, nail clippers, diaper rash cream, etc.
- Get haircut
- Plan for pets/other kids while in labor
- Clean out car to make room for baby
- Install car seat
- Buy postpartum items – pads, etc.
- Finish birth plan
- Stock up on diapers
- Wash baby clothes and bedding. Stock baby’s room.
- Finalize baby names
- Think about potential Godparents
- Wrap up at work – leave notes for fill-in
Categories: Muffins 'n Such | Tags: baby, baby names, family, kids, mom, mommy blogger, parenting, pregnancy, pregnancy tips, trimester, work life balance