The Super Bowl is on tonight and I have some ideas to make it more green:
- Make the football out of recycled leather. Maybe Moms & Pops around the U.S. can retire their worn leather chairs in the name of footballs.
- Play local teams…locally. So why can’t we rig it so the Packers and Bears play together? And host it someplace in the middle of the two, like Milwaukee?
- And what about those jerseys? Organic cotton, anyone?
- Instead of busses and planes, load everything up on bicycles. Just ride tandem with baskets in the front and you’re set!
- Finally, traditional stadium food could be replaced by locally-grown options. Who says a fresh green salad is messy amongst 105,000 people?