Sunday marks by husband’s 40th birthday … and Father’s Day! Holy cards, Batman! (To be fair, my birthday is close to Mother’s Day.)
So here’s a shout out to those dads who work tirelessly behind the scenes. And don’t get enough credit.
- Change diapers.
- Do laundry.
- Cook. A 2013 study from the Bureau of Labor Statistics found that on an average day, 41% of dads did food preparation or clean-up.
- Dress their kids. And pretty well.
- Get up in the middle of the night.
- Give their kids lots of affection.
- Do bathtime. And maybe nighttime, too!
- Care about their kids’ emotions.
- Get emotional themselves.
- Appreciate Mom.
- Put family first. In a Today show survey, 75% of dads polled said that being a dad was their most important job.
Happy Father’s Day!